I’m fast approaching 20 years’ worth of professional experience in the Software Engineering industry. My first tech job was as a Junior Web Developer for a small firm back in 2005, while most recently I was VP of Platform Architecture for a London/Miami Fintech startup until February 2023 when I went self-employed.
I’d love to help you with:
- Service Oriented Architecture (including when not to do it)
- Highly available and resilient architectures (including when you don’t need one)
- Next.js applications—with either the Pages or the new ‘App’ Router
- Next.js performance optimisation
- Git(hub) workflows for teams of all sizes
- Creating Vercel marketplace integrations
- Continuous Integration/Delivery adoption
- MySQL or PostgreSQL setup
- Building, operating and tuning Kafka clusters
- External peer reviews of new pull requests or features
- Codebase audits, with the primary language ideally being one listed above
In exceptional cases I may also take on hands-on development work. All new cases start exactly the same way: with an up-to 60 minute video call charged at a flat rate of £199.
All of my contact details across various platforms can be found on this page. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.